Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Week Before the Show.

As our show date gets closer and closer, I become more and more aware of how far I have come to making this show possible.
So far, Kailey and I have created a facebook page to promote our show and it has been quite successful. So far according to facebook, we have 94 confirmed guests, but it does not necessarily mean that all of them will show up. I remember from my last year's experience when I was part of Hayden's small art show at the frame store. Many people said that they will come, but half of them did not show up and hopefully, it is different this time.

Since our poster has been finalized, Kailey, Natalie, Ted, Alex and I have been going around town asking for permission to put our poster up. Places that are owned by corporations such as Safeway, Peet's Coffee, McCaulou's and more refused but all of them were impressed by the fact that we are only students and we are doing something like this. We were allowed to put our posters up at most of the local businesses around Lafayette.
The funniest thing was, we actually got a nerve to walk into the Round-Up Bar where we were laughed by mostly middle aged men. I asked if we could our posters up, posted three, and left as quick as possible.
I did not forgot to stop by the Gallery and drop off one.

Kailey, who was in charge of renting the tent is taking a while, but it seems like there is a storage problem. but we are very certain that we will get the tent at least by Friday, and it will be about 75 dollars. She is making me a little nervous since Friday is the day right before the show but I will keep my fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, Ted got us on the Lamorinda Patch! And it is a mystery, but some how, we ended up on the school bulletin also, I will check tomorrow if it was Ms. Taylor who has been very supportive of our show.

I have been going around school, inviting many of our favorite teachers. It seems like Acalanes has a strict posting rules so I was only allowed to post on the hallway bulletin boards. I will not complain but it was something different than what I expected; but that was my best effort to promote the show at school where most of our audience is from.

It seems like we are a bit confused on the printing of our art works. Everyone has a different plan and it is very disorganized. I will figure it out tomorrow when Kailey comes to school. She has been absent for past few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment