Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Perviously, on my community service...

As a senior in Acalanes High school, my community service is quite different compare to my previous ones.
After a 15 hour community service, I must write an essay/report about my community service. This is going to be more challenging than any community service I had to do.

I am planning on opening an art show with some fellow students. It will be at the Lafayette Art Galley, and we will have an art sale and all the profit will go to a charity. I have not chose the charity yet, but I think relating this event to education will be appropriate since all the artists are high school students. Kailey, the other director of the show and I agree on this. Education is a big problem now days and even in Lafayette, my town is affected greatly despite the fact that we are one of the only city in California that is considered to be doing great with budgets.

The show will be on April 9th to April 10th. We will have music, food and most important of all, art from the most talented students! This event shall be a good community service opportunity for all seniors involved.

I am very excited for the show and hope everything works out perfectly.
As I said, this community service assignment is harder than the previous ones but art is a big part of my life so I will have more fun this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment