Sunday, December 12, 2010

(Mental Break) Anti-American in North and South Korea

*This clip below contains foul language.





This clip is from Japanese media. It shows both North and South Korean propaganda against America. The first propaganda by the North repeats "Bushi, ak" which means "Bush, evil."
The South Korean propaganda is the most interesting one for me, since I actually have heard the song when I used to live in Seoul during my childhood. I remember kids at school singing the song with joy.
Having American father and a mother who was educated in America allowed people to see me as an American instead of a Korean; and it have got me into many conflicts at school especially around 2002. I always believed that South Korean and America are brothers
I have not heard about any other popular propaganda after this one so I am relieved. Also the fact that South Koreans are becoming more and more open minded about countries such as Japan and America is making me feel safer about Korea.

I do not mean to offend any one with the harsh language of the clip. I thought this was interesting because despite the great diplomacy between the South Korea and the U.S., the citizens of South Korea carry such hate toward a country that helped us get to where we are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment